It is my favorite month of the year – JULY!! That means my birthday, usually a few trips, and last but not least the Nordstrom Anniversary sale! If you haven’t noticed I have taken the last 3 months off from blogging. I needed a bit of a breather and some space from social media. It’s tough to be a “blogger” (I don’t really like referring to myself as one) and distance yourself from social media. I’m in a way better headspace and feel like I’m getting back into the groove of things.
JR and I have also been buckling down on paying off debt. Which in turn means our laundry room reno hit a major standstill. We are A-OK with it though. After the summer hustle and bustle is over and we start being homebodies again we will get back down to business on home renovations. We recently got back from a trip to Puerto Rico and St. Thomas so I hope to blog about that soon. I am home today and then we head out tomorrow for a float trip with friends until Sunday and then I leave again for a work trip to Chicago. I was going through my closet to pack and am in desperate need of some work clothes so thankfully today is the first day to shop the Nordstrom sale!
We plan on going this afternoon (JR found an awesome pair of work shoes last year) but I thought I’d give you all a sneak peek of my shopping list. I couldn’t help myself after reading Meg’s list! Most of my list is budget friendly and under $100. If you are lucky enough to live near a Nordstrom and are a cardholder I would head there today! The sale opens up to the rest of the public on July 20!
- I apparently need to shop at Madewell more because I put 3 of their tops into my cart. I think this Madewell tie back top would transition great from casual to workwear.
- I love a good jumpsuit and can rarely find one that isn’t too long. I’m crossing my fingers this BP. floral ruffle jumpsuit fits perfectly!
- If you know me you know my favorite color combo is a tangy red-orange and pink. These Cela bow slides are calling my name.
- This Madewell button back shirt is the top I am looking forward to trying on the most. I’m hoping it fits in a flattering oversized and I can’t wait to see the cute button accent on the back.
- Out of all the shoes I shopped I think these Tonya open toe mules might be the ones I actually purchase. I am crushing over the blush color!
- Can you say Kylie-signature-color-combo? I need this BP. color block sweater to pair with cute skinny jeans and the Clea slides!
- Madewell is seriously giving me life in this sale! This Madewell cactus shirt would be perfect for Chicago and our upcoming trip to Hawaii!
- I love a good graphic tee and working from home I guess this SUB-Urban Riot More Love Shirt does qualify as workwear! 😉
- I bought a pair of similar UO booties last fall and have worn them out from wearing them so much. I think these Lucky Brand wedge booties would be the perfect addition to my closet.
- I am really excited to try these NYDJ jeans on. Jenna Kutcher promotes this brand all the time and is a reformed leggings lover. For $78 they may be worth the splurge!
- JR and I joined a new gym last month with some friends and we are there constantly. I think it’s time to step up my grungy t-shirt game and upgrade to this fun lavender Zella sweatshirt.
- I absolutely won’t be buying these DIFF sunglasses. I am the worst sunglasses owner and can’t keep myself from losing or breaking a pair for more than a few months. A girl can dream though!
- These Rebecca Minkoff mules are the most expensive pairs of shoes I picked out. Not sure if I can swing the price but they would be a great closet staple.
- YOU GUYS. I am obsessed with the 7/8 Aerie Chill Legging (I just ordered two of the exact same color) but I have a feeling these Zella high waisted leggings would be a close competitor.
- Meg had these Steve Madden studded mules on her list and I hope she doesn’t mind us twinning from afar. Working events, you need a solid pair of comfy flats.
- I’ve been really digging the “sneakers with dresses” trend and think these Adidas flashback sneaker would coordinate so well with a basic tee dress
- I really can never have enough sweatshirts with fall coming up. This Nike sweatshirt looks super comfy!
- I’m not a super brand name girl but again – I can’t say no to this color combo on these Ivy Park joggers.
- I think this is the only item over $100 but it a stellar deal. My favorite suitcase broke mid-trip in Puerto Rico so my dad bought himself a replacement at Marshall’s. That makes this Chevron luggage set basically a necessity. 😛